Member list filter not working on Chrome or Edge

Andy Wedge

Hi,

one of my Mods can view the filter pop-up and select different check-boxes but the Apply option is inactive. It's the same for him in Chrome and Edge but they're both OK for me. It must be some setting that he has but we haven't come across it yet. Any thoughts?

Andy

Duane

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 09:27 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Any thoughts?
About the only hint I can come up with is that it's all done using javascript, so that may be a place to start.  One other thought is that it may be related to his permissions, but finding which one may a bit of work.  That would be a bug if he could do this before the change yesterday.

Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 10:27 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
one of my Mods can view the filter pop-up and select different check-boxes but the Apply option is inactive.
Using Chrome here and it's working fine.

I'm guessing it's due to his permissions, although logically I can't imagine why. Looking at the Moderator permissions list below, I'd think anything that allows him to access the member list at all should also allow him to apply a filter.

Derek Milliner

Same kind of problem for me (also in Firefox). Works ok for the group that I own, I can't use Apply in a group that I'm a mod for. I think this is probably the "Set Member Subscription Options (also allows access to the member list)" moderator permission?

Derek Milliner

I probably should have qualified that a little; that permission (absence of) is the one that prevented me being able to select bouncing members - it's full effects are not perhaps obvious from the descriptive text?

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 03:42 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:

I'm guessing it's due to his permissions, although logically I can't imagine why. Looking at the Moderator permissions list below, I'd think anything that allows him to access the member list at all should also allow him to apply a filter.
I agree, and I have managed to reproduce the issue using my Moderator account in Firefox. My subgroup Mods have just View Member List, Approve Pending Members and Remove Members permissions; and with that combination (and possibly other I haven't checked yet), the Apply option is inactive.  I'll flag this on Beta as I think this is a bug.

Cheers
Andy

Chris Jones

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 04:03 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I'll flag this on Beta as I think this is a bug.
Hang on a few minutes; I am carrying a number of tests elsewhere and it doesn't seem to be tied to Set Subscription Options, or perhaps not exclusively so.

Chris.

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 04:11 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
Hang on a few minutes; I am carrying a number of tests elsewhere and it doesn't seem to be tied to Set Subscription Options, or perhaps not exclusively so.
Already submitted Chris. See #29002

Andy

Chris Jones

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 04:11 PM, I wrote:
I am carrying a number of tests elsewhere and it doesn't seem to be tied to Set Member Subscription Options
OK; I have found that the critical moderator permission seems to be Approve Pending Members. If that alone is set the drop down filtering works correctly, but it does not work if the only setting is Set Member Subscription Options. I haven't worked through the entire list of individual permissions to see if any others allow the filter to be set

Not so much a "bug" as the wrong choice of the parent setting. On reflection I'm not sure what the correct one ought to be...

FWIW I'm using Win10 + FF.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 04:24 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Already submitted Chris. See #29002
Ah... now see my beta #29004 for further information.

Chris