cant change email #bug

Anita L

I am an owner of a group and pay for it.
I am trying to change my email. It says it sends me a confirmation but not
getting any.
I need help thanks

Anita

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 03:17 PM, Anita L wrote:
I am trying to change my email. It says it sends me a confirmation but not
getting any.
The confirmation email will be sent to your 'old' email address. Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Andy

Anita L

yes i checked both emails and no confirmation coming

Andy,

The confirmation email will be sent to your 'old' email address.
No, it is sent to the new address.
https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/setting-account-preferences-and-viewing-account-information

Were it sent to the old one there would be no way to recover from an old address that became inaccessible.

Anita,

yes i checked both emails and no confirmation coming
Be sure to check your mail Spam folder; using your provider's webmail service.

If your new address is at Gmail your Spam folder may be hidden under the "More" expander in the list on the left. Also, check your "Social", "Promotions", or other Inbox tabs.

Help: https://groups.io/helpcenter

Andy Wedge

Hi Shal,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 06:40 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
Andy,

The confirmation email will be sent to your 'old' email address.
No, it is sent to the new address.
https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/setting-account-preferences-and-viewing-account-information
My mistake.  I was confusing the confirmation email with the warning email mentioned in last year's Site Updates message from Mark where item #8 stated:

BUGFIX: When changing your email address, we were sending the warning email to the new email address when we should have been sending it to the old email address.

However, to test this, I have just changed an email address on one of my accounts and I get the warning message at my 'old' address but no confirmation to my 'new' address so it seems this is a bug and Anita is correct. I will raise this on Beta.

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:26 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I get the warning message at my 'old' address but no confirmation to my 'new' address so it seems this is a bug and Anita is correct. I will raise this on Beta.
Scratch that. The confirmation email eventually arrived some 30 mins after the warning email on my 'old' account.

Andy

Anita L

Mark helped me and it is all fixed now.
Thanks Mark