Topics

Hashtag's settings don't seem to work #hashtags

Sebastian Diel

Hi,

I am rather new to the conceps of hashtags.

1st:
I have setup a hashtag that shall people keep from answering to the list (screenshot1:), but rather let them respond to the thread starter. In the web interface, that works. But, unfortunately, the emails sent via reply still reach everybody, as the "reply to" tag in the mail header still points to the group and every answer goes straight to the list. Is this expected behaviour?
In my groups.io Messages List it appears as tagged (screenshot 2).

2nd:
My settings specify, that mails with wrong/new hashtags shall be bounced (screenshot 3). Instead, a mail with a typo in the tag just came through.

Do I miss something obvious?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

BR
Sebastian

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 12:21 PM, Sebastian Diel wrote:
I have setup a hashtag that shall people keep from answering to the list (screenshot1:), but rather let them respond to the thread starter. In the web interface, that works. But, unfortunately, the emails sent via reply still reach everybody, as the "reply to" tag in the mail header still points to the group and every answer goes straight to the list. Is this expected behaviour?
It used to work, but now it doesn't. In fact, if you set a hashtag to "reply only to sender," it doesn't insert any reply-to field at all.

Annoying.

In my groups.io Messages List it appears as tagged (screenshot 2).

2nd:
My settings specify, that mails with wrong/new hashtags shall be bounced (screenshot 3). Instead, a mail with a typo in the tag just came through.
This is also a new bug.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 12:21 PM, Sebastian Diel wrote:
But, unfortunately, the emails sent via reply still reach everybody, as the "reply to" tag in the mail header still points to the group and every answer goes straight to the list.
Actually, I'm not seeing this. I'm seeing no reply-to field at all.

Although I still think it's a bug, my email client will address replies to the From address, if no reply-to is provided.

Sebastian Diel

Thanks for the replies, Bruce!
Is there any bug report channel / support contact / hotline that I have missed?
Probably not for the free plan, I guess...

BR
Sebastian

Duane

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 08:41 AM, Sebastian Diel wrote:
Is there any bug report channel / support contact / hotline that I have missed?
You should report it on the beta group using the hashtag #bug, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/guidelines

The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.  They're updated as needed.