locked Group Managers Forum subscription reminder #admin - Mon, 02/01/2021 #admin #cal-notice

GroupManagersForum@groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Group Managers Forum subscription reminder #admin

When:
Monday, 1 February 2021

This is your monthly subscription reminder for the Group Managers Forum. We are glad you joined our group.

  • Our GMF Group's web resources are open and public. Our Messages archives and Wiki are viewable and searchable by non-members. GMF message archives are indexed by major search engines. Unfortunately, due to Groups.io restrictions, you must be a member of GMF and logged in to access our Files and Photos sections.

  • We expect members to post and act responsibly. Please respect your fellow members' time and attention: strive to be clear, concise and courteous. Our subject matter naturally includes matters of opinion; if you happen to disagree with another member please do so without being rude. Personal attacks are not allowed. Solicitations are off topic and will be deleted without comment. Listing your groups in your signature is perfectly acceptable, but just make sure there's also on-topic content in your post.

  • Attachments are allowed and the judicious use of screen shots and other illustrations is encouraged!

  • All messages sent to GMF are moderated. This is done to avoid malicious attachments, spam, off-topic messages, and messages from spoofed or compromised mail accounts. Despite these measures, be aware that the bad guys are clever so there's no guarantee that we'll always succeed; you are encouraged to be vigilant against any and all threats arriving via email. Your GMF moderators make no guarantees regarding the safety of emails arriving from this or any other Groups.io address.

  • We are always looking for suggestions from our members to make this group better for all. Feel free to address any questions, comments, or concerns directly to the group moderators via email to GroupManagersForum+owner@groups.io.

GMF Mission Statement:

We strive to be a resource of the highest quality for owners and moderators of Groups.io groups. We allow as much information as possible from our group to be accessed by visitors! Would you like to be a better Groups.io group owner and/or moderator? Would you like to see even more improvements in Groups.io groups? We discuss our experiences as both group owners and moderators, share ideas for promoting and customizing the content areas, and offer various techniques for managing groups.

To send a message to the members of this group, simply send email to GroupManagersForum@groups.io.

GMF is at times very busy. To substantially cut down on the email clutter see Subscription Options. In particular, Following Only, First Message Also, and Auto Follow Replies work well together to focus only on topics of interest to you.

We thank you for your interest and for your contributions.

Shal, Founder & Owner
David, Owner
Duane, Owner
Bruce, Moderator
Frances, Moderator
Latest revision: 2018-10-31

Ginger Iorizzo

Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to do with GMF).

I also own another group, also nothing to do with GMF, but I don't get this subscription notice there.
As I said, just curious...
Ginger

Group Managers Forum subscription reminder #admin

When:
Monday, 1 February 2021

This is your monthly subscription reminder for the Group Managers Forum. We are glad you joined our group.

  • Our GMF Group's web resources are open and public. Our Messages archives and Wiki are viewable and searchable by non-members. GMF message archives are indexed by major search engines. Unfortunately, due to Groups.io restrictions, you must be a member of GMF and logged in to access our Files and Photos sections.

etc.

Frances

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to do with GMF).

I also own another group, also nothing to do with GMF, but I don't get this subscription notice there.
As I said, just curious...
Ginger

Check in Admin, Settings, Member Notices tab, and see if there is an active Monthly Reminder set. If yes, see what the wording is.

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Ginger Iorizzo

The only Member Notice that’s there is Welcome Message.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to do with GMF).

I also own another group, also nothing to do with GMF, but I don't get this subscription notice there.
As I said, just curious...
Ginger

Check in Admin, Settings, Member Notices tab, and see if there is an active Monthly Reminder set. If yes, see what the wording is.

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Duane

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 09:46 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to do with GMF).
Sounds to me like your filters may not be set up quite right.

The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.  They're updated as needed.

Nivard Ovington

Are you saying you got the same message from GMF ?

Or two similar messages from two different groups?

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

On 01/02/2021 16:55, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
The only Member Notice that’s there is Welcome Message.
On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have
filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my
GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for
another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to
do with GMF).
I also own another group, also nothing to do with GMF, but I
don't get this subscription notice there.
As I said, just curious...
Ginger

Ginger Iorizzo

No, my filters work perfectly fine for everything else.

On Feb 1, 2021, at 1:26 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 09:46 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Out of curiosity - why do I get this e-mail twice?  I have filters set up in my e-mail and I get this message once in my GMF folder and I also get the same message in a folder for another group I own (which is a groups.io group, but nothing to do with GMF).
Sounds to me like your filters may not be set up quite right.

The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.  They're updated as needed.

Ginger Iorizzo

I get the exact same twice - one in my GMF folder and another in a different folder.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 02:16 PM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
No, my filters work perfectly fine for everything else.
Definitely sounds like a filter setting.  Either one is copying it where it doesn't belong or another isn't moving it where it does.