Topics

Digest for subgroups #age-dicrimination

Annie Green

I signed up for a subgroup and was given the option to choose how I wished to receive the notifications and I chose the daily digest form.  Is this possible for this subgroup?  So far I seem to be receiving each and every post one at a time.

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 07:18 AM, Annie Green wrote:
I signed up for a subgroup and was given the option to choose how I wished to receive the notifications and I chose the daily digest form.  Is this possible for this subgroup?
Yes, it's perfectly possible as each subgroup is a separate entity from the main group.  If you tried changing your subscription using this option:

Did you remember to use the button at the bottom of the page?

An alternative method is to do it via the Your Groups page:

this will show you the (sub)groups you are subscribed to and the type of message delivery set for each one.  If you use the check-boxes next to each group you can select options using the Actions button at the bottom of the page and make multiple changes at once:

One thing to note here is that the 'No email' option is always shown in this list. If you select this and the group settings have disabled the No Email option, the subscription will be set to Special Notices Only.

Finally, you can also change your subscription settings using an email command. That is, sending an email to a specific address for your group to change the setting. As your group has subgroups, the format of the address will be:

<subgroupname>+<deliverytype>@<maingroupname>.groups.io

Where deliverytype will be one of Digest, FullDigest, Special, Single or Summary etc.

Look out for confirmation emails if you use an email command.

Regards
Andy

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 02:18 AM, Annie Green wrote:
So far I seem to be receiving each and every post one at a time.
If doing it through the group's subscription screen, make sure to scroll down to the end and click on the "Save" button to save your selection; if you didn't, it would explain what you stated.

Cheers,
Christos