Your Groups.io Account Is Bouncing (and it's not) #question

Sue Bernstein

Im receiving this message from noreply@groups.io

Recently, emails sent to you have bounced back to us. This can be for many reasons, including:

- We have an incorrect email address for you.
- Your account was or is full.
- Other temporary delivery issues.

To view the error messages we receive from your email server, [click here].

We have suspended email delivery to you. This means you will no longer receive messages from the groups you are subscribed to, including [etc]

This applied to a handful of messages only and I AM receiving messages. QUESTION. Yesterday (15 December 2020) there was a massive
Google outage (I use gmail). IS IT POSSIBLE I'M RECEIVING THIS MESSAGE DUE TO THE NOW RESOLVED GOOGLE OUTAGE?  tia.

Duane

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 05:37 AM, Sue Bernstein wrote:
IS IT POSSIBLE I'M RECEIVING THIS MESSAGE DUE TO THE NOW RESOLVED GOOGLE OUTAGE?
Yes.  Mark manually unbounced anyone with a gmail address after Google fixed the problem, but you may have gotten the bounce message anyway.  https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27183

Norman C. Berns

The recent bouncing (and related messages) seems to have been caused by an outage at Google. It's uniform across every group I know.

Click the link in the warning message and all should be well again.

Norman
~mod

It's not only likely. It's a dead certainty. Yesterday afternoon (12/15/2020, Tuesday) my group had 169 bouncing. Today, zero. All at gmail.com.

--