Topics

Can someone remind me HOW TO STOP POSTS??

Janie

It's for two days only.

Janie

Frances

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 11:12 PM, Janie wrote:
It's for two days only.
If it is just for yourself, you can just go to Subscriptions and change your subscription to No Mail (if you allow that) or Special Notices Only.
There are other notifications that you would want to turn off as well  - moderator notifications.

If you wish to stop anything coming to the group, you could lock it temporarily.
https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/locking-and-unlocking-groups-and-subgroups

Or in Admin, change it to Announcement which stops everyone from posting except owners and moderators.

Just don't forget to change it all back!

I would warn group members that you are doing it - "going on holiday!"

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.

Chris Jones

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 04:23 AM, Frances wrote:
I would warn group members that you are doing it - "going on holiday!"
Or perhaps not, IMHO. Depending on who can read your group message archive this can be a handy tip - off that your home is going to be unoccupied.

If you do want to shut down all group traffic then this suggests that you do not have another moderator for your group. Unless there are particularly good reasons for this being the case then it is better that there is someone who can step into your shoes just in case there is ever a reason why you cannot manage your group.

Chris

Jeannette Bellerose

Maybe you could send and pin a message stating that the message board “will be closed until date_time for maintenance, sorry for the inconvenience” type of thing. This would get around the very legitimate safety issue Chris Jones raised. It might also prevent some members leaving the group if they think it’s no longer active. Again, this depends on the type of group you have.
--

Jeannette B.

Peter Cook

Ignore this if you've gotten your answer. Are you asking how to stop everyone from posting, or how to stop receiving posts?