Topics

Calendar Reminder Problem

Mark Murphy

I experienced the same issue with deleting a reminder for future events on a recurring event: the reminder was still sent.

Here's what I was able to find in the Beta group on the status of a fix: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/74962529 . I don't know if there have been any later updates.

Ginger Iorizzo

Thanks, Duane!  I will do that.  🙂
Ginger

Probably not.  There have been ongoing problems when editing repeating events.  Some changes 'take' and others don't.  Mark has made changes to the system, but it seems that events created before the changes won't use them.  The best option at the moment is to create a new event with the correct settings, then delete the original.  I suggest this order because you could open two tabs in the browser to make sure you copy everything over before deleting.

_._,_._,_

Duane

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:22 PM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?
Probably not.  There have been ongoing problems when editing repeating events.  Some changes 'take' and others don't.  Mark has made changes to the system, but it seems that events created before the changes won't use them.  The best option at the moment is to create a new event with the correct settings, then delete the original.  I suggest this order because you could open two tabs in the browser to make sure you copy everything over before deleting.

Ginger Iorizzo

Hi,
I have an event on my group's calendar that repeats every Friday.  When I originally set it up, I set a Reminder to go out 1 day before and another when the event happens.  After a while, I felt that the Reminder the day before was no longer necessary.  I went to the Event on the Calendar and changed the settings to delete the reminder one day before.  I clicked on Update Event to save my change, and then a Dialogue box popped up asking if it was only this event or all future events.  I clicked all future events.  When I go in and look at the event settings, it says No Reminder set.
I did this about three weeks ago, and I'm still getting the Reminder one day before.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?
Ginger