Topics

Message stuck in pending

Peter Dubé

I have a message suck in pending.  More that one moderator has tried to approve it.  It does have the #claimed label.  Not sure how it got that.  We are stuck as to how to approve it.  HELP!  smile.

FCT.  group owner. Peter

Chris Jones

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 04:22 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
I have a message suck in pending.
Oh dear...
 More that one moderator has tried to approve it.
By email or using the web UI?
It does have the #claimed label.  Not sure how it got that.
One of the moderators may have gone to edit it, and then just saved a chnage.
We are stuck as to how to approve it.
I suspect that other than the original "claim" you have been trying to moderate it by email.

Try using the web UI; it should release from there.

And have a look at your Activity log; that should give you some idea of who did what.

Chris

Peter Dubé

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.  Most efforts to approve the message have been directly on the groups.io site.  In one of the previous topics on this subject, Mark has had to do something to fix it.  Activity log showed nothing of interest.

The message in question does have two videos attached to it.  Could that be part of the problem?

Peter

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 12:15 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
The message in question does have two videos attached to it.  Could that be part of the problem?
Uh, yeah. Message size is limited to 100 MB. Have you tried rejecting it?

Peter Dubé

Bruce,

The size of the videos are 20 and 39 mb.  So i guess that is not the problem.

Have not tried rejecting it.   Thought about doing that and asking the new member to try reposting, but figured that is the last resort.

Peter

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 12:25 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
The size of the videos are 20 and 39 mb.  So i guess that is not the problem.
Attachments are Base64-encoded before being stored in the message base. That can easily double their size.

Have not tried rejecting it.   Thought about doing that and asking the new member to try reposting, but figured that is the last resort.
If you do have him repost, I suggest sending them in separate messages...or [better] put them in cloud storage and send hyperlinks to the group.

Good luck,

Peter Dubé

Bruce,

I deleted the videos.  Saved the changes.   Tried to approve.   Still did not work.  Message still pending.

Peter Dubé

Bruce, what is the difference between REJECT and DELETE for this message?  What does reject do?  Thanks

Peter

Chris Jones

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 05:25 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
The size of the videos are 20 and 39 mb.  So i guess that is not the problem.
Well it might be.

(a) How much of your group's storage is currently occupied?

(b) Is your group set to delete old attachments to make way for new ones?

Bruce's suggestion of using cloud storage somewhere is probably the best solution anyway.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 12:06 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
what is the difference between REJECT and DELETE for this message?
Reject sends it back to the sender in case they want to modify and resend.  Delete doesn't notify them.

Peter Dubé

Chris,

I have plenty of storage available.  Plus I deleted the videos and still the message is stuck in pending.

If I don't find an answer here sometime today, I will reject (if I can) and have the member try posting again.

Peter

Peter Dubé

Rejected the message and asked member to repost.  Both worked.

Chris Jones

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 01:02 PM, Peter Dubé wrote:
Rejected the message and asked member to repost.  Both worked.
Thanks for the update. I am still puzzled that nothing seemed to show up anywhere to provide a clue to where the "Claimed" came from. .

I have carried out a quick check of the "actions" list in an Activity log and FWIW "Claimed" a message or potential new members doesn't seem to be included; one for beta, perhaps, after some more checking to confirm this absence.

However, when something is claimed the flag normally shows the identity of the moderator making the claim, so that ought to have been visible.

Chris