Delivery options #members

Beth Minahan

All members of a small group that I administer get individual emails. We don't send many messages. Several of us want to discuss an award for one long standing member who is in the group. Can I change that persons mail delivery options from "individual emails" to "no emails" for a brief period of time without them knowing so that we can talk about an award?

Duane

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 04:56 PM, Beth Minahan wrote:
Can I change that persons mail delivery options from "individual emails" to "no emails" for a brief period of time without them knowing so that we can talk about an award?
You could try, but if they go to the group online, they'd see the entire topic.  There's also nothing to keep them from changing it back, either online or via email.  If it were me, I'd just use email amongst those involved and keep it off the group.

Beth, what Duane said, off-list email using Reply-All would be the best -and safest- solution for this.

IF your group has Subgroups enabled though, there's another alternative, if you want to keep the exchanges archived within your group, and also allow folks to use the group's online posting system; create a private subgroup, add only the folks needed for the discussion, and talk away within that group only.

Cheers,
Christos

Beth Minahan

Thanks...I'd considered Duane's suggestion...just wondered...more out of knowing better how this all works...none of our folks go online to look at messages...we're a bit older.
Beth