Topics

Neither I nor any of my group are receiving their own messages today

Jeffrey Pawlan

I am the owner/admin of a group and today all of a sudden I am not receiving a copy of my own message to my list. Also other members report to me that they are not receiving their messages either.  I have not changed any settings.

Doe anyone know what this started happening today?

Duane

See https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26297

TucsonHikers

Same problem today for my group. Two postings have failed to email to membership.

Sean Eamon Kennedy

Ditto.

I’ve been using groups.io for almost a year. I love it. Just talked my condo into trying it out and today was the first test of the hoa board members needing to discuss an urgent topic. And messages aren’t getting though. The board pres is already saying “let’s go back to just using reliable old email”.

Jeffrey Pawlan

I see that posts to my group are arriving one to two hours later.  No one is receiving their own posts even 3 hours later.
So the problem is more than just a delay.

Duane

Update: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26300

Mike Hanauer

We depend on immediate delivery. Please do fix ASAP.

Why did this happen?

Thanks.  ~Mike

Duane

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 05:24 PM, Mike Hanauer wrote:
We depend on immediate delivery.
In that case, you shouldn't use email.  Although it's usually fast, there are NO specifications as to how soon an email must be sent/delivered, only that it should be, eventually.

You'll need to follow the beta group to see what, if anything, Mark says about preventing a recurrence.  He has said that he plans to though.