Topics

how do I downgrade from Premium to Basic #pricing

PACC Forums Admin

hard times.  Other than deleting my payment method, which I did, how does one downgrade from Premium to Basic?

Thanks -- Dan

Frances

Hi

See the Help - https://groups.io/hc/ownersmanual/Groups.io_Owners_Manual.pdf

Section 27.

27 Upgrading or downgrading groups
27.1 Upgrading a Basic group
If you have a Basic group and you decide you want to upgrade it to a Premium or Enterprise group:
1. In the left navigation menu on the group’s website, select Admin > Upgrade.
2. On the Billing page that appears, click the View/Change Plan button at the upper right.
3. On the Upgrade Plan page that appears, click the Upgrade button next to the plan you want to upgrade to.
4. Follow the subsequent instructions.
Note: It is not possible to change an existing Basic group to a free Premium 30-day trial group.

27.2 Downgrading a Premium or Enterprise group
If you have a paid Premium or Enterprise group and you decide you want to downgrade it to a lower or free plan:
1. In the left navigation menu on the group’s website, select Admin > Upgrade.
2. On the Billing page that appears, click the View/Change Plan button at the upper right.
3. On the Upgrade Plan page that appears, click the Downgrade button next to the plan you want to downgrade to.
4. Follow the subsequent instructions.
The downgrade will take effect after the currently paid period ends. At that time, the group will lose the features that are specific to its previous plan type (see the Groups.io Plans And Pricing page).

For example, if you downgrade a Premium group to a Basic (free) group:
The storage space allocation goes from 20 GB to 1 GB.
Any subgroups are locked.
Exception: If your group was created before January 15, 2020, subgroups will remain accessible because Basic groups created before that date were able to have subgroups. (This applies to Basic groups created before January 15, 2020 that were upgraded either before or after that date as well as to Premium groups created before that date.)

All features become unavailable except those related to sending and managing messages. However, nothing is deleted in case you decide to upgrade again in the future.

Exception: If your group was created before August 24, 2020, the downgraded Basic group will retain the calendar, chat, database, member directory, files, photos, poll, and wiki features.

See also:
https://groups.io/helpcenter/faq/1/group-owner-moderator-faq/q-if-i-downgrade-my-group-from

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.

Duane

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 08:07 PM, PACC Forums Admin wrote:
Other than deleting my payment method, which I did, how does one downgrade from Premium to Basic?

That should be all you need to do.  Once your currently paid term expires, the technical stuff should happen (reduced storage, etc.)