Calendar Reminder did not go out #calendar

Chuck Palmer

We have recurring Tuesday meetings on our group's calendar with reminders that go out as a special notice 2 hours before.  Was working fine until this afternoon when nothing went out at 11:30 for the 1:30 meeting.  I just added a 45 minute one that should kick off in a few minutes at 12:45.  Let's see what happens in 7 minutes or so...

Any ideas on where to check for what might have go awry?

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 01:23 PM, Chuck Palmer wrote:
We have recurring Tuesday meetings on our group's calendar with reminders that go out as a special notice 2 hours before.  Was working fine until this afternoon when nothing went out at 11:30 for the 1:30 meeting.  I just added a 45 minute one that should kick off in a few minutes at 12:45.  Let's see what happens in 7 minutes or so...

Any ideas on where to check for what might have go awry?
It has previously been reported that if you add a reminder to one of a series of repeat events then the reminder will not repeat (https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/31730418). Other odd behavior has been reported.

There are two features of groups.io that I never use:  recurring events and infinite scroll.

Chuck Palmer

It has previously been reported that if you add a reminder to one of a series of repeat events then the reminder will not repeat (https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/31730418). Other odd behavior has been reported.
Interesting -- thanks, Bruce. I missed that in my search before posting.  Those recurring calendar events were setup quite a few weeks ago so I don't recall if I went back in afterwards and added the reminder later or not.  Certainly may have....maybe I should say, "obviously must have"-:)

Just as an FYI, the one I added to kick off at 12:45 since the 11:30 did not do so did go out fine.

Thanks again,
-chuck