Searching for a word/phrase in a file/s in a folder #search

M Parker

My group has an organised structure within the Files section with all the entries being folders. Each folder has a hierarchical structure of sub-folders. It has been found that when searching for a particular word when one is in a sub-folder the result of the search shows all occurrences of the word within the whole of the Files section and not just within the subfolder.

Is there any way of limiting the search to the immediate folder rather than the entire Files structure please? I have looked in the Members Manual, section 14.2 on p50 and this does not resolve the issue.

Thanks
Margaret
Leeds, UK

The problem I have with the Groups.io search engine is that wherever I am in Files, the search box returns matches for the whole of Files.  I have not found a way to search so that it behaves as normal search engines, and only returns matches within the currently open folder and its sub-folders.

KWKloeber

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 04:07 PM, M Parker wrote:
Members Manual, section 14.2 on p50

*****

Ok I’m experiencing an anti-social-distancing brain freeze today   I can’t find a “section 14.2 on p50”.

Theres no section numbers or page numbers on the manual that I found in Help

Frances

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 06:13 PM, KWKloeber wrote:

Ok I’m experiencing an anti-social-distancing brain freeze today   I can’t find a “section 14.2 on p50”.

Theres no section numbers or page numbers on the manual that I found in Help

If you click on PDF version, you get numbers.

I think it is odd, but...

https://groups.io/helpcenter

https://groups.io/hc/membersmanual/Groups.io_Members_Manual.pdf

If you view it as a flat page, you create an URL for the section - https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/working-with-files?single=true

Note that there is a Members Manual and an Owners Manual.

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.

Margaert,

We also have a hierarchical structure on our Files as well and this is an inconvenience for us as well; it's an issue not only with Files, but with Photos as well; search always searches the root (& subfolders/albums) no matter where you are in the structure.

I think this should be posted in beta as a #suggestion, although some will say it's more of a #bug since the typical computer file system file/folder searches are aware of the user's current folder location.

Cheers,
Christos

KWKloeber

TY Francis!

 “brain deep freeze”  DUH I’m so stoopid

MP,
I’ve tried any way I know of, including a goopy search using the format -

search_terms Site:gio_folder_path

A loosely related #bug(?) is that I have no search box on my iPhone when in the files area - in either portrait or landscape mode.

ken