Topics

Invites

NYaccent2020@gmail.com <NYaccent2020@...>

How long are invites good for?
I sent an invite out to someone in April
I know the date because I have the email saying I was going to send out the invite.

They just joined the group today with the invite. 4 months later.

Now if I click the invite page to see who I sent the invites too, it doesn't have the date when the invite was sent but the date they accepted the invite.

I am questioning this because they don't receive the pending membership application and my group's rules have changed and now they don't know about it unless they read the homepage of the group and the calendar notices that come out during the week. I will be sending them a note from me, the owner explaining the changes.

But should an invite be good indefinitely????????????????

Ilene

Duane

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:11 PM, NYaccent2020@... wrote:
How long are invites good for?
Forever...  Unless you cancel/remove them from the list.  See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/inviting-people-to-join-a-group/tracking-resending-or-canceling-invitations

Tommy Meehan

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 02:11 PM, NYaccent2020@... wrote:
If I click the invite page to see who I sent the invites too, it doesn't have the date when the invite was sent but the date they accepted the invite.
You can find the date when invitations were sent a different way. Select Activity from the menu on left side of the home page. When the Activity page opens look for the drop down menu at the top center of the page. Scroll down the menu, select "Invited member," then click the search tab. That should give you a list of the dates you invited people to join, not the date they accepted.

tommy0421

NYaccent2020@gmail.com <NYaccent2020@...>

Okay, thanks. On the flip side LOL, I can reply to old invites I have gotten if they didn't remove me from the list.

So everyone who didn't respond to the invite when I first sent them, I will send them an updated invite telling them of the new group dynamics and remove the old entry.

Ilene