Topics

Question about Billing menu item

Chuck Palmer

Just wondering why this is listed on a "regular" member's Account menu?  In particular, why is there an ability for a regular member to put in their credit card info?

I just had a couple of new members ask me why there was a spot for their credit card info.  Shouldn't this only appear under a group owner's account?
Am I missing a way to turn it off so that our regular members don't confuse it with their club membership in which we take their credit card info as new members and renewals every year?

Duane

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 09:09 PM, Chuck Palmer wrote:
Just wondering why this is listed on a "regular" member's Account menu?
It shouldn't.  It should only be visible to group owners or moderators with Billing permission since it's found under the Admin part of the menu.  Are you sure you don't have Donations enabled and that's where they're seeing it?

Chuck Palmer

Are you sure you don't have Donations enabled and that's where they're seeing it?
I never turned on Donations for our group - don't ever use Stripe.  Here is a screenshot from the test, regular member's Account->Billing screen:

It only shows up under the member's Account section.  There is no Donations item on the main menu:

Is there some other place it may have been turned on by accident?

Duane

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 08:40 AM, Chuck Palmer wrote:
It only shows up under the member's Account section.
Okay, that's there for everyone.  It's not used unless they pay for a group or make a donation.  Since it's an account setting, there's no way to control it for others.  Won't hurt to add a card, but not needed for most people.

Chuck Palmer

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 09:44 AM, Duane wrote:
Since it's an account setting, there's no way to control it for others.
OK.  I guess I'll just throw something in our FAQs.  Our group is for a club of retirees with many who are either not that computer-literate or like myself, a bit memory-challenged because of being a child of the 60's and 70's -:)

Thanks!
-chuck