Topics

New Topic Won't Post With Just an Image In the Body

Steve

When posting from the website,  I notice that if I try to post a new topic with just a title and then just an image in the body it won't post.

If I add a few words to the body along with the image, it posts.

I notice this on my android and on the window lap.

SK

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 01:32 PM, Steve wrote:
If I add a few words to the body along with the image, it posts.
Yes, you need at least one non-blank character.  I've used a full stop and changed the text colour to white so you can't see it.

Andy

That seems a sensible limitation to me. No sensible person will open an amail
attachment with no explanation in the body of the message. It's a very coomon
way of distributing malware, with forged "From" address..

Jim Fisher

On 30 Aug 2020 at 5:25, Steve via groups.io wrote:

When posting from the website,  I notice that if I try to post a new topic with
just a title and then just an image in the body it won't post.

If I add a few words to the body along with the image, it posts.

I notice this on my android and on the window lap.

SK

Jenny E

Jim has a very valid point. A note of explanation is appropriate. I know some folks rely on the Subject to be their message,
but I myself often miss that distinction; I just skim over the Subject line!
Jenny

That seems a sensible limitation to me. No sensible person will open an amail
attachment with no explanation in the body of the message. It's a very coomon
way of distributing malware, with forged "From" address..
Jim Fisher

> When posting from the website,  I notice that if I try to post a new topic with
> just a title and then just an image in the body it won't post.
> If I add a few words to the body along with the image, it posts.
> I notice this on my android and on the window lap.
> SK

Steve

Depends on your use and the audience. In our small group we know each other personally.

So if the title says...

Here's the picture of Aunt Maggie that we were looking for

And I'm the body of the message is Aunt Maggie's picture

And there you go