Full Digest Mode - Attachments

Darlene Dimitrie <dvhhemail.darlene@...>

A message was posted to our group last night with 5 attachments.  All were photos with extensions of either JPG or PNG.  I posted it, so I know that I used the attachment feature of my email client (ProtonMail) and didn't embed the photos.

The Full Digest contained only the first 2 attachments.  I found in a changelog that this had been changed about Jun 12/2020 to try to keep a lid on the size of full digests with attachments.

So what I expected to see was links to the other 3 attachments, or at least some indication that there were more.

I attached a screenshot of the portion of the Full Digest where the 2 attachments show, scribbling out the actual photos.

Is this working as intended, not mentioning the other 3 attachments?  Or should there be links?

Thank you
Darlene

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 01:11 PM, Darlene Dimitrie wrote:
A message was posted to our group last night with 5 attachments.  All were photos with extensions of either JPG or PNG.  I posted it, so I know that I used the attachment feature of my email client (ProtonMail) and didn't embed the photos.

The Full Digest contained only the first 2 attachments.  I found in a changelog that this had been changed about Jun 12/2020 to try to keep a lid on the size of full digests with attachments.
Darlene -- That's correct...see https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25250 for an explanation.

I see no indication in Mark's messages that the extra attachments in a digest post will be accommodated in any way. If you wish them to appear as links instead of mysteriously disappearing you will need to send that to beta as a feature request. The other option is to send extra messages to your group...with no more than two attachments each.

Personally, I think it would make more sense if *all* attachments in a digest were sent as links.

Hope this helps,

Darlene Dimitrie <dvhhemail.darlene@...>

I agree; all attachments in a digest as links would be good.

I will send it in to beta as a feature request.
I will also tell our members to only send 2 at a time.  I think it is enforceable as not many members use attachments and if they do, it's usually only one.  Attachments are still moderated in our group due to many members being afraid of them, so I can catch the handful that may have more.

Thank you for the suggestions and for the link.

Darlene

[...]

Bruce