Date #calendar

Steve

I have a problem where the set up of the date in calendar is DD/MM/YYYY, but when you add an event, it comes out MM/DD, does anyone know if the events date can be changes so that it is consistent with the set up DD/MM/YYYY please.

Frances

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 02:25 PM, Steve wrote:
I have a problem where the set up of the date in calendar is DD/MM/YYYY, but when you add an event, it comes out MM/DD, does anyone know if the events date can be changes so that it is consistent with the set up DD/MM/YYYY please.
Have you checked your own preferences? Online, top right corner (Account), Preferences, date display.

I sent and received a calendar reminder recently and the body of the email said:
When: Sunday, 24 May 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

My account is set to year-month-day.

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.

Steve

Frances,

Many thanks for the information, which I have now changed my setting.

But on the event it is still coming out as below.

Regards,

Steve

Duane

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 01:57 PM, Steve wrote:
But on the event it is still coming out as below.
I believe that's intentional.  When a date is referred to by numbers only, such as 6/6/20 or 6-6-20, your preference will determine the order and style.  When it's spelled out, such as you're seeing, there's no ambiguity.  I seem to remember reading about this on the beta group some time back, along with Mark's justification.  BTW, if you edit the event, you'll see the date in the format you've chosen.