Topics

Customizing Invitation Notice with Variables? #invitation #customize

Jessica Jorgenson

Hello!
So groups.io has the basic invitation:

Hello [Name],
You have been invited by [so-and-so] to join the Groups.io group [group].
If you have questions about this invitation, send them to [owner email].
To accept the invitation, please reply to this email, or you may accept the invitation on the website.
If you are not interested, or if [Invitee Email Address] is not your email address, please ignore this email.
Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

I would like to use the [Name] and [Invitee Email Address] in a custom welcome message. I tried sending an invite using the hard brackets but it was no bueno.
Any help?
Thanks!

Frances

Have you tried using Admin, Settings, Member Notices?

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.

Duane

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:05 PM, Jessica Jorgenson wrote:
I would like to use the [Name] and [Invitee Email Address] in a custom welcome message.
Can't be done.  Those variables are only for the system to use, Display Name and Email Address.  The boilerplate you quoted will always be sent as part of an invitation. All you can do is add to it.  See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/inviting-people-to-join-a-group?single=true