Calendar Permissions #calendar #question

I am trying to better understand how calendar permissions for modifying events work between the different levels. Looking on the help page, I do not even see the work Calendar mentioned. From what I understand, there are 4 levels of access: public, member, moderator, and owner. As far as modifying an event, there is no difference between a moderator or an owner. Public can have either view access or no access. What I'm not sure about is the different access permissions between members that can edit and moderators.

As a regular member, I have permission to edit events on this particular calendar. There are event created by moderators, but I cannot modify them in any way. Is this always the case? And also, creating events as a regular member, can other members modify my event? I would expect that moderators always can.

There is also a button that allows me to lock an event. What does that do exactly?

- Loren

Duane

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 08:50 PM, Loren Lang wrote:
I am trying to better understand how calendar permissions for modifying events work between the different levels.
Moderators/Owners can edit any event.  Members can only modify events they've created.

The lock button prevents changes to any RSVP responses for the event.

Charlie Behnken

Is there an option or way to have an event automatically locked after the date has passed?

A member updated an old event as Not Attending and others were removed from the old event Waitlist, and put as Attending and were sent the acceptance email.  This got confusing because there was a similar upcoming event  and they did not read the date.

Thanks,
Charlie