Topics

Is it possible to pay a lower fee for a storage increase of 1 or 2 GBytes ? #files #subscription #settings #pricing #storage

Gerry_OBrien <robotics@...>

Hi there,
As the Topic name says...
Is it possible to pay a lower fee (Lower than $220) for a storage increase of only 1 or 2 GBytes ?

We don't need 20 Gigs...and $220 is outside what we are willing to pay.
We only need 1 or 2 Gigs MAX.

Is this Price package set in stone?
or is there something that can be done here for us?

If not...then we will look into an offsite storage medium if that's the case. :(
Some help here would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Gerry

Chris Jones

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:22 AM, Gerry_OBrien wrote:
Is it possible to pay a lower fee (Lower than $220) for a storage increase of only 1 or 2 GBytes ?
As things stand... no. It might be worth a suggestion on beta.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 05:22 AM, Gerry_OBrien wrote:
Is this Price package set in stone?
As of now, yes.  There's a discussion on the beta group (over 2 years old) that you might want to contribute to, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/6248558

There's also been some discussion on this group, but no one from GIO management monitors it, https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/6220815

BMaverick

Gerry,

Offline storage has been discussed here a few times.  Then providing links on the main page as well as in the messages within the group.  With the messages in the group, a link to the larger storage can be placed in the footer of each email sent out.

Mega offers 50GB for their FREE accounts.  It's something we are working with right now.   I strongly doubt our group would need more than 5Gb looking back at the past 25+ years as a whole.

Bret