Topics

Earthlink cust gets some mail from groups.io

Dale Putnam

I have a member that is an earthlink subscriber, who gets some of the mail sent to the groups.io group. Seems to be random for which works and doesn't.
The mail appears in groups.io, but some isn't forwarded on to his email.
He selected single delivery. 
Suggestions?

Thank you, 
Dale 

Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...>

I had that with a Cox.net member
Some of the mail reached her and some did not.
Why? 

-------Original Message-------

Date: 3/18/2020 2:11:38 PM
Subject: [GMF] Earthlink cust gets some mail from groups.io

I have a member that is an earthlink subscriber, who gets some of the mail sent to the groups.io group. Seems to be random for which works and doesn't.
The mail appears in groups.io, but some isn't forwarded on to his email.
He selected single delivery. 
Suggestions?

Thank you, 
Dale 

Alan

mindspring is part of earthlink and I have had the same experience (but only recently, last week or two) - I found all the missing messages in the Earthlink "Known Spam" folder - I have marked them "not spam" and given feedback to earthlink on the situation.

I don't think Groups.io can do anything to mitigate, the problem is with earthlink, imo.

Duane

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 02:11 PM, Dale Putnam wrote:
I'd check the email delivery history for that member.  If there are no bounces showing, then the service isn't delivering the messages after accepting them.  If there are bounces, then it's the service not accepting them.  There are several email services that seem to randomly bounce emails from GIO.  So far, complaining customers haven't resolved it completely.

Duane
--
GMF's Wiki: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Help: https://groups.io/static/help
A few site FAQs: https://groups.io/static/pricing#frequently-asked-questions

Jay Sundahl

Earthlink has a setting (default I believe)  to delete known spam. Apparently groups.io ended up on the known spam list recently. I just worked through the groups.io registration process for an earthlink member who was't receiving the email confirmation. The solution in her case was to add noreply@groups.io to the earthlink address book to allow her to receive the email confirmation email. 
We didn't get to changing the delete known spam setting, I should follow up on that, but she received the member welcome message and was going to add the group email address to her address book.
So you might suggest adding to the Earthlink address book any groups.io group email addresses if they have not already. Of course the intermittent losses may be entirely different.

Lynne

Hi Jay and all

Earthlink spam control settings can easily be changed so that Groups.io mail isn't deleted as spam.  There are three choices:

"Suspect Email Blocking — Highest Protection
"Messages from unknown senders (those not in your Address Book) are redirected to your Suspect Email folder.  This setting includes Known spam Blocking.

"Known spam Blocking — Medium Protection
"Known spam is intercepted before it reaches your Inbox. By default, Known spam is deleted immediately, but you can choose to have it redirected to your Known spam folder.

"OFF
"spamBlocker will not filter incoming email messages at all."

My choice is Off, since over the years there's been a problem with email from groups getting marked as spam by Earthlink.

Lynne

William Halte

With Earthlink the answer may be as easy as adding your group email address to their Earthlink Address Book. If there is an entry in the address book that matches the incoming address then Earthlink will not place the message in the Spam folder. 

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:30 PM Alan <TallyMen@...> wrote:
mindspring is part of earthlink and I have had the same experience (but only recently, last week or two) - I found all the missing messages in the Earthlink "Known Spam" folder - I have marked them "not spam" and given feedback to earthlink on the situation.

I don't think Groups.io can do anything to mitigate, the problem is with earthlink, imo.