Topics

Profile picture - removing it

Mary Lanham <rockinrobin1953@...>

Somehow I set a profile picture and I want to remove it. How can I do that?

Mod's note - subject changed from "hello"

Frances

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:34 PM, Mary Lanham wrote:
Somehow I set a profile picture and I want to remove it. How can I do that?
Go to Subscription (left menu) and edit your group profile.
If you need to do several groups, go to your name in the right corner, subscription.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Mary Lanham <rockinrobin1953@...>

I see group profile but it won't let me remove the picture

Frances

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:15 AM, Mary Lanham wrote:
I see group profile but it won't let me remove the picture

 Hmm, it is acting up. The delete button isn't working. I would try again tomorrow to see if it is a momentary glitch.
I am using an MacBook - I tried with Safari and Firefox.

Mary, what are you using? Perhaps someone else would be willing to try it with another operating system.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Mary Lanham <rockinrobin1953@...>

Windows 10 desktop

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:20 AM Frances <frances@...> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:15 AM, Mary Lanham wrote:
I see group profile but it won't let me remove the picture

 Hmm, it is acting up. The delete button isn't working. I would try again tomorrow to see if it is a momentary glitch.
I am using an MacBook - I tried with Safari and Firefox.

Mary, what are you using? Perhaps someone else would be willing to try it with another operating system.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Mary Lanham <rockinrobin1953@...>

I don't even see a delete button

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:21 AM Mary <rockinrobin1953@...> wrote:
Windows 10 desktop

Frances

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:27 AM, Mary Lanham wrote:
I don't even see a delete button
There is a blue edit button in the frame. It is a little distant from the text.
Click on edit - and below your profile picture, there is a delete image - trash can.
At the bottom of the page is an update button.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Mary Lanham <rockinrobin1953@...>

Yeah didn't work for me thanks for helping. I'll try tomorrow.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:27 AM, Mary Lanham wrote:
I don't even see a delete button
There is a blue edit button in the frame. It is a little distant from the text.
Click on edit - and below your profile picture, there is a delete image - trash can.
At the bottom of the page is an update button.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Dan Rawson

It fails for me with Firefox on Linux also.

You can easily use a "blank" image (solid black or solid white square) to replace it - I've done this on other sites that require a profile photo, and I just tested it here - worked fine

Dan

Jeff Coleman

Why not replace it with a blank image? Would that work?  You could scan a piece of blank paper in a scanner, give it an image name and browse to find it. Or use some clip art.

Jeff

Yeah didn't work for me thanks for helping. I'll try tomorrow.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:27 AM, Mary Lanham wrote:

I don't even see a delete button

There is a blue edit button in the frame. It is a little distant from the text.
Click on edit - and below your profile picture, there is a delete image - trash can.
At the bottom of the page is an update button.

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers

Duane

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:50 PM, Mary Lanham wrote:
Yeah didn't work for me thanks for helping. I'll try tomorrow.
I submitted a #bug report on the beta group (not yet approved.)  Mark has said responses may be a bit slow, but at least he'll be aware of it.

Darlene D <friedrichgirls@...>

I can't delete my profile photo.  Is this problem fixed?

I can upload a photo and I can change the photo.
Using MS Edge, Windows 10.
Darlene

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 07:15 AM, Darlene D wrote:
I can't delete my profile photo.  Is this problem fixed?
Darlene -- Hm. This bug was reported on March 17 but still hasn't been fixed.

I've sent a tickler about this to Mark...meanwhile, you can upload a "blank" photo as a work-around.