Topics

Posting on the Calendar

Jane Valencia

Hello,
My apologies if this info is available somewhere. So far I haven't been able to find it.

Is it possible to give all list members the ability to post events on the group calendar? If not, who (besides the owner) is allowed to do so? How and where do I change the settings for posting permissions to the calendar?

Thank you,
Jane

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 04:31 PM, Jane Valencia wrote:
Is it possible to give all list members the ability to post events on the group calendar?
Sure. Go to Admin>Settings>Features>Calendar>Permissions and select "Members can view and edit" from the pull-down menu. Be sure to save these changes (click Update Group).

If you go this route, I highly advise that you do some preemptive training on calendar event setup so your group isn't inundated with notifications.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 06:03 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
If you go this route, I highly advise that you do some preemptive training on calendar event setup so your group isn't inundated with notifications.
In addition, you can set the #cal-xxxx hashtags to be moderated so you can check the messages before allowing them through, if you want.  See https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/13184  (There may be others where you want to do this as well.)

Michael Pavan

In addition, you can set the #cal-xxxx hashtags to be moderated so you can check the messages before allowing them through, if you want. See https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/13184 (There may be others where you want to do this as well.)

WORKAROUND:
Hashtags (not Admin)
Then "Edit" every (existing) hashtag to: "Moderated"
Click on "Update Hashtag" (at bottom of page)
Repeat for each Hashtag (current and future)

Now you will have to Moderate every Message and Notice that has a hashtag,
but it also allows removal of any Hashtag(s) AND 'Subject Line Bloat' (unwanted Calendar prefixes like "Upcoming Event: ", and date & time excesses)
e.g.

from:
[GMF] Upcoming Event: Group Managers Forum subscription reminder #admin - Sun, 03/01/2020 #cal-reminder
to say:
[GMF] Group Managers Forum subscription reminder #admin - 03/01/2020
or
[GMF] subscription reminder, March 2020

OR as I do:

from:
[FF] Upcoming Event: 4th Sunday Session - Sun, 2020-02-23 2:00pm-5:00pm #cal-reminder
to:
[FF] 4th Sunday Session, 2020-02-23 2pm