Updated monthly letter not being sent #files

Paula K. Parker

I have a monthly letter to my group that is stored in our Files. I updated it in January. However, when it was sent the first of March, the letter was our old letter. I checked the letter in the files and it is the new one.

Does anyone have any ideas on what happened our what I can do?

Thank you,

Paula K Parker

Bruce Bowman

Paula -- You asked the same question 7 days ago (https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/71679367#30050) and received four replies. Have you tried any of those options yet?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 03:03 PM, Paula K. Parker wrote:
I have a monthly letter to my group that is stored in our Files.
Paula; firstly I have to echo Bruce's comment about the fact that you raised this previously but you did not provide any feedback from the suggestions made then.

However, I think there may be a better clue to the source of the problem in the way you wrote this second query. when you said stored in our Files, with a Capital F. Taking that statement to be true, then Frances' suggestion probably identified the problem correctly. Member Notices (of whatever type) are sent from those set up under Settings, not from a group's files.

Can you please confirm that when you said "Files" you actually meant files; if that was indeed the case then all you need do is edit the relevant Member Notice and forget "files".

Please let us know the outcome.

Chris.

Paula K. Parker

Hi Chris,

First, forgive me for repeating my request. I did not see anyone's comment on it the first time around.

Thank you for explaining the Member Notices under Settings. I found it and have changed the old letter with the updated one.

Paula