One group doesn't send calendar notices #cal-notice

Karen Ivy

I have 2 groups that I tried to set up identically.  Each one has calendar entries for a bimonthly event, which should go out 5 days before the event, and again 2 days before.  As administrator I have accounts on both and should get all notices as individual emails.  Yesterday the smaller group sent out a notice but the larger group didn't.  Any idea what I did wrong?

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:58 AM, Karen Ivy wrote:
I have 2 groups that I tried to set up identically.  Each one has calendar entries for a bimonthly event, which should go out 5 days before the event, and again 2 days before.
Such a message would be a #cal-reminder, not a #cal-notice.

As administrator I have accounts on both and should get all notices as individual emails.  Yesterday the smaller group sent out a notice but the larger group didn't.  Any idea what I did wrong?
Double-check that you have the event set up at all in the larger group, and have properly included the two #cal-reminders.

Look in the message archive. Is the #cal-reminder message present there? If so, it was sent...you just didn't get the email. Check your own Email Delivery History to see how and where it might have been held up.

Also open and edit the #cal-reminder hashtag itself. Does it have the "no email" flag set? If so, fix it.

There are other possibilities but you should probably look at these three first.

Bruce

Laurence Marks

Make sure that both groups have the same time zone setting. It seems that all calendar notices are sent out at the same time each day, 5 pm I think.

If the meeting time/time zones of the two groups straddle this send-time, the later group message will appear the following day.

Larry