#question - How can I mark messages and replies as one's I've already read? #question

Nedda

I'm new, and am having difficulty figure out which topics and which replies within a topic I've already read.

I may have read the topic, but not the responses, or the topic and some of the responses.  I don't want to have to keep reading everything to figure what I've already read and what I haven't.

Are some in bold (not read) and others not (already read) or is there another system in place?  thanks.

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 05:37 PM, Nedda wrote:
Are some in bold (not read) and others not (already read) or is there another system in place?
There is no such function. Maybe the groups.io app -- when its released -- will have something like that.

Bruce

Donald Hellen

Nedda . . .

On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 14:17:54 -0800, "Nedda" <neddaw@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

I'm new, and am having difficulty figure out which topics and which replies within a topic I've already read.
The only way I know you can know which you've read and which are new
is to get the posts by email. Email programs and web mail services
mark the messages you've clicked on as read.

You can post new messages by email or reply to a post. I prefer doing
everything by email instead of doing it through a web interface.

Donald

https://groups.io/g/ICOM
https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp

Nedda

Well, this is unfortunate, because every time I come to the group I moderate, it appears that I haven't read anything.  And since I have an sbcglobal.net (att) email address, some of the emails were bounced, so I'm not even sure that I receive everything, even tho' the bouncing program has been corrected.

I'm using groups.io for a teleseries that I teach, and I need to read all the posts to assist my students and offer feedback.

Do you know if anyone has requested to groups.io that messages read be permanently marked as read, unless the member unmarks it, or unless a new reply is added?

Duane

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 07:19 AM, Nedda wrote:
Do you know if anyone has requested to groups.io that messages read be permanently marked as read, unless the member unmarks it, or unless a new reply is added?
Yes, that has been on Mark's TODO list since January 9, 2015.  There may be something like that in the upcoming app that may be incorporated in the web site, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Tony Moody

Nedda,

Re: #question - How can I mark messages and replies as one's I've already read?

You can do that on the web, sort of.
Where it is Messages / Topics change it to
Messages / Messages ; which changes the button label from Topics to Single  :
  this presents all the messages seperately one after the other.  And each message that you have visited will be a slightly different colour.
On my browser the Unread messages are blue and the Read are gray. This colouration seems to be sticky in this view .

Problems :
The Messages view sometimes reverts to Topics view on re-opening, so just re-select (single)Messages.
Let me know if you want pictures.

OK,
Tony

Duane

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 08:24 AM, Tony Moody wrote:
On my browser the Unread messages are blue and the Read are gray.
That depends on how your browser is set up.  Other settings in the browser may keep them from being remembered.  There are too many different browsers and settings within them to be sure this will work for everyone.