Topics

Can already stored attachments be sized-down? #attachments

Christos G. Psarras

I think I already know the answer but I posted anyway in the remote chance someone has a better idea.

Someone posted a few troubleshooting emails and unfortunately they sent big JPEGS without resizing them down ... now every time I go to the Photos section the attachments "Emailed Folders" takes a while to render down to a "thumbnail".  Is there any way I can manually replace these JPEGS in the Email folder with a smaller version, so this way I still keep the attachments as part of the message but as a smaller size, therefore Photos comes up pretty quick?

I don't want to just delete those attachments from the messages as then the messages cannot really stand on their own without them... but I cannot either set some other attachment as the "cover photo" for this "system" album which would help if I chose a small one, so I'm trying to see if there are other alternatives or ways to accomplish this.

Cheers,
Christos

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 05:40 PM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
Someone posted a few troubleshooting emails and unfortunately they sent big JPEGS without resizing them down ... now every time I go to the Photos section the attachments "Emailed Folders" takes a while to render down to a "thumbnail".  Is there any way I can manually replace these JPEGS in the Email folder with a smaller version, so this way I still keep the attachments as part of the message but as a smaller size, therefore Photos comes up pretty quick?
Christos -- You can delete an attachment from a message, but there is no way to add a new attachment, or to resize an image attachment in place. To achieve that kind of objective you will have to delete the entire message and repost it (or have the OP do it), or perhaps reply to the message with the resized image in your reply.

Bruce

Christos G. Psarras

Thanks Bruce,

I though so, was hoping someone knew of a workaround trick to it ... I guess I'm going to have to copy those specific files into a different "user" album, resize them down, then edit the original messages, delete the attachments, then add a link/pointer to that Photos album in them instead.

Cheers,
Christos