Topics

footer options in messages sent from cell phones #footer

Jean Guevara

hi folks - we've noticed that messages sent from a member using an iphone have a different footer than messages sent from laptops, desktops, and the group website. the main concern here is that the "reply to sender" option isnt there. is there a way that one of us (moderators of our group) can adjust settings on the group website to change this so that ALL our members' messages have the "reply to sender" option, regardless of how theyre sending the message?

messages sent from computers or the group page have footers like this:
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1283) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

messages sent from iphones seem to have footers like this:

View/Reply Online (#13712): https://HCW.groups.io/g/main/message/13712

just hitting "reply" through their email sends a reply to everyone in the group, so a "reply to sender" option would be nice for those using phones. thanks for any advice you have!
jean

Mark Emmer

Hi Jean,

Go to Admin/Settings and scan down to Message Formatting.  Put a checkmark by Force HTML Emails and all your footers will be the same. The problem is plaintext messages from a sender will have a limited and different footer when it is sent out as plaintext to your group.

Mark
Force HTML Emails

Make all emails HTML and remove the plain text digest option.

Ken Kloeber

Jean,

I just tested a msg sent from my iPhone 6S and the msg and footer below is what was turned around.
(Interestingly, the footer and signature never showed up on my iPhone iMAIL app inbox (only the 3-line msg body above the - - showed up,) until I trashed and undeleted it back to my Inbox using the AOL app.)
From cell

Ken

Sent from my phone
- -
[signature text REDACTED]

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#104852) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Unfollow This Topic | New Topic
Mute #admin
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [REDACTED@...]

Jean Guevara

thanks you, mark and ken, for your help. mark, forcing the HTML emails seemed to do the trick! we have been so puzzled over this, because not only did we get different footers based on how the message was sent, but we also saw different footers depending on what device we were on when looking at them. we have been baffled by it all. but it looks like this has all footers coming through with the desired formatting.

thanks!
jean