Topics

#Promotion of a new group #promotion

ivap <pragensis2000@...>

It's easy to send invitations to promote a new group if you know where to send them. That's not my case. I started a group hoping to meet similarly-minded people online. Is there a regular promotion of new groups like in the Meetup organization?

Duane

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 10:11 AM, ivap wrote:
Is there a regular promotion of new groups like in the Meetup organization?
No, it's up to you to find members, or have them find you.

Search button at the top of Messages list

ivap <pragensis2000@...>

The meetup sends out the list of new groups weekly. As a result, my Meetup group grows week by week. It now has 336 members. This kind of promotion could do a lot of good here too and it costs nothing except perhaps a 5-minute effort.

Duane

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 09:58 PM, ivap wrote:
The meetup sends out the list of new groups weekly.
But that wouldn't do anything for existing groups.  I doubt there are very many people that would want to get a list of new groups every week.  Most, including me, would consider it spam.  By my count, there have been at least 750 new groups created within the last week!  Even a simple list would be huge.

Search button at the top of Messages list

Anna <ARVoychak@...>

But isn't that only for promoting Meetup groups?