Topics

Rootsweb on my list #rootsweb

LINDA MERLE

Hi folks,  some member subscribed herself as the name of my rootsweb list.  So everything was cross posting. On the rootsweb side it went into moderation as my groups.io list is not a member of that list. I was getting 5 emails for every post to Groups.io.....Thought maybe I had done it somewhere in the Settings (or Groups.io is psychic!)  Finally found it.  Removed it.  A few hours later the person added it back.  I found her on the rootsweb list with her real email address and sent her an email, then banned the name of my rootsweb list.  If I migrate another list the first thing I will do is bann the name of the old list to avoid it happening.

Just an FYI... And now we have a rootsweb tag.

Linda Merle (Rootsweb refugee)