Topics

Bug in AOL app on iOS devices prevents email replies to Groups.io #ios

Becky Lavash

Today I learned of a bug in the AOL mail app for iOS devices. Perhaps others know of this but I didn't see it in the Wiki.

HTML doesn't render correctly in the address line so that all replies to the group fail. This applies to all types of replies; group, or private. We found we could, with some effort, delete the addressee and manually re-enter it and successfully send the message. We only knew the address for a group reply and weren't sure for a Private reply so we didn't test that.

I didn't see a means to report this bug to AOL but I suspect that they would know this.

When the app is installed on an iOS device, Safari automatically launches the app when the user tries to use the website version of AOL mail.

Becky Lavash

Duane

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 05:45 PM, Becky Lavash wrote:
I didn't see a means to report this bug to AOL but I suspect that they would know this.
I wouldn't count on it.  AOL is now part of Verizon, the folks that brought us the YG "improvements".

Search button at the top of Messages list

Sandi D.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 06:45 PM, Becky Lavash wrote:
When the app is installed on an iOS device, Safari automatically launches the app when the user tries to use the website version of AOL mail.
Hi Becky,
I have an AOL account that I use for testing. Instead of using the AOL app on iOS, I added my AOL account into the iOS mail program found under Settings. You might want to give that a go.
--
Sandi Dickenson
Moderator of ASG Volunteers Group