Topics

Breadcrumbs (was: Searching for Photo Albums)

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 07:52 PM, Larry McDavid wrote:
Ummm... what's a breadcrumb?
Larry -- It's a path to a page within a web site. The intermediary words within the path are usually hyperlinks.

We often speak of sending someone to Admin>Settings>Message Policies>etc. That path is a breadcrumb. As a more direct example of what Duane was talking about, see the screenshot below...the breadcrumbs are circled in red.

Bruce

Glenn Glazer

Edited

Here's an example:

They are called breadcrumbs because you can click them and go back the way you came (e.g., back up the directory tree).

Best,

Glenn

On 12/17/2019 16:41, Larry McDavid wrote:

Larry
[ad removed by moderator]

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/17/19 3:30 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [GMF] Searching for Photo Albums

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 03:45 PM, Larry McDavid wrote:
I can't find a way to search and find specific photo albums.
No.  There's not a way to search for an album, only photos.  Once you're at one of the photos in the album, you can use the 'breadcrumb' at the top to go to the album overview though.

Duane
--
Help: https://groups.io/static/help
GMF's Wiki: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Search button at the top of Messages list
A few site FAQs: https://groups.io/static/pricing#frequently-asked-questions

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Larry McDavid

Well, ok, but that does not get me to the album or even the page of albums with the album containing the individual photo I searched for. I click the individual photo and see the enlarged single photo and I see the text string of addresses (what you are calling the breadcrumb text string of hyperlinks), ending in the single photo name. If I click on the album Title just to the left of the photo title, I get to the contents of the album. If I click on the next item to the left in the string, "Photo Albums," that gets me to the first Photos webpage with 20 album cover photos but the album containing the individual photo is not on that page of album thumbnails.

I don't see a way to get from the individual photo to the album cover that includes the individual photo.

At lease, that is how my Firefox browser works...

Sometimes you really want to look at the album to see what cover photo was selected. I know how to select an individual photo as the album cover but I can't find the album without looking through 600+ albums in this Group.

Are you seeing something I am not?

First I was told there were hamburgers and now breadcrumbs on these pages. Clarity is lacking...

Larry

On 12/17/2019 5:01 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 07:52 PM, Larry McDavid wrote:
Larry -- It's a path to a page within a web site. The intermediary words within the path are usually hyperlinks.
--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)