Digest Header Size #featurerequest

john c.

Is it possible to reduce the vertical size of the Header on the Full Featured Digests.  The thick header pushes the links to the messages off the bottom of the view window in Thunderbird and one has to scroll down to see the links.  A 25% reduction of the header (banner) would make for a more useful Full Featured Digest. I am reluctant to recommend the full featured digest to our group members when so much real estate is taken up by the header.
thanks, john

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:20 AM, john c. wrote:
Is it possible to reduce the vertical size of the Header on the Full Featured Digests.
The digest header is not customizable.

The thick header pushes the links to the messages off the bottom of the view window in Thunderbird and one has to scroll down to see the links.  A 25% reduction of the header (banner) would make for a more useful Full Featured Digest. I am reluctant to recommend the full featured digest to our group members when so much real estate is taken up by the header.
This can be mitigated by screen resolution and/or reader settings, which varies depending on what client you are using, monitor size, etc. While you may be having this issue with Thunderbird and your own configuration there is little reason to believe all your other subscribers will have the same experience.

Bruce

john c.

Bruce, Thanks for quick response and info.
My experience with Thunderbird was just an example.  My concern is that the current large header takes up a lot of real estate and I think detracts from the usefulness of the full featured digest, particularly on smaller screens.   I'll just continue to recommend the simple digest to our members if they want something condensed.
Take care, john

isis feral

If I understand what you're describing correctly, I think it may be the same problem with the fixed width of the digest that I brought up a few days ago?

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/23886

I contacted Mark about it, and so did someone else on the thread, but so far I've not gotten any response.