Topics

How to insert email address into the Welcome notice #question #welcomeemail

Joan Leib

Hi, newbie here and sorry if this is a dumb question. I've searched in the archives on this group and the Help pages, and haven't been able to figure this out.

I was looking at sample Welcome notices and found this on the wiki for this group - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Added-Message-for-YG-transfer
The sample text says "You have been subscribed to the new group using your email address user@..." and I can't figure out how they inserted the email address. I would like to be able to have my customized Welcome message give the email address it's being sent to; what code can I use for this? Is this actually possible?

Thanks in advance!
-Joan

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 03:39 PM, Joan Leib wrote:
I was looking at sample Welcome notices and found this on the wiki for this group - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Added-Message-for-YG-transfer
The sample text says "You have been subscribed to the new group using your email address user@..." and I can't figure out how they inserted the email address.
Groups.io parses your list of subscribers and inserts this [Email Address] field itself when a notification is sent to each person who is transferred.

I would like to be able to have my customized Welcome message give the email address it's being sent to; what code can I use for this? Is this actually possible?
No. Although [Name] and [Email Address] fields are similarly inserted into notices of type Invite and Direct Add, none of this can be customized.

Bruce

Joan Leib

Bruce, thanks for the reply.

I think if I understand you correctly, the "You have been added" message in the link that I posted is separate from the "Welcome" notice. Is this correct? So when I transfer my Yahoo Group, members will receive both the Welcome notice that I've customized, and the "You have been added" message that I cannot customize?

It would be great if the wiki page could make that more clear, if that's the case.

Thanks again.
-Joan

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 03:55 PM, Joan Leib wrote:
I think if I understand you correctly, the "You have been added" message in the link that I posted is separate from the "Welcome" notice. Is this correct? So when I transfer my Yahoo Group, members will receive both the Welcome notice that I've customized, and the "You have been added" message that I cannot customize?
Such is my understanding, although people have lately been reporting that the Welcome Notice is not being sent.

It would be great if the wiki page could make that more clear, if that's the case.
I just did that. Our posts must have crossed in the ether!

Bruce