Topics

locked Latest info on the Pricing Structure #admin

Bruce Bowman

Folks -- Appended below is the latest from Mark on the groups.io pricing structure.

Bottom line: the requirements for a Basic group will remain unchanged for now.

Bruce

Hi All,

Sometimes I reflect on my youth, and harken back to that simpler time, that quieter time. You know, seven days ago.

I appreciate all the feedback, and I mean ALL of it. My intention with the pricing change is solely to set up the business for long term success and to help offset the very large increase in my costs over just this past week.

I realize it was a mistake to talk about future changes to the pricing structure without actually, you know, knowing what those changes might (or might not) be. As part of that, it was a mistake to change the definition of a free group right now. I've rolled back that change; new free groups do not have limits on the number of subscribers and subgroups. Hopefully this will address Harm Selling's concern, among others. Also, this means that any groups that wish to move over but cannot afford the transfer fee can still take advantage of a free group's invite feature.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks,
Mark

Thank you! That was very decent of Mark.

Susan B

On Oct 22, 2019, at 5:33 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Folks -- Appended below is the latest from Mark on the groups.io pricing structure.

Bottom line: the requirements for a Basic group will remain unchanged for now.

Bruce

[Overquote trimmed by Moderator]

deborah75001

Yes it was a good decision to revert that.

But do we have any possibility to enter the 110 dollars fee and then free groups ?

because at the time we were told to make a decision before 9am, it was 110 dollars every year to come and our groups would not have been able to pay every year, so I could not opt for the transfer.

Now that it reverted to 110 dollars once and for all, it has turned to 220 dollars.

I have received no answer about some flexibility in time before the higher fee applies.

Deborah

Do I understand this correctly, that the urgent hint for long-term free groups to upgrade to premium if they had more than 500 members has been reversed?

Many actually had no interest in upgrading to premium because they didn´t need the features....but they tried to meet the deadline of 9 am on the 22nd and paid 110$ trying to avoid the price raise to 220$...

Victoria

Duane

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 06:19 AM, Victoria wrote:
Do I understand this correctly, that the urgent hint for long-term free groups to upgrade to premium if they had more than 500 members has been reversed?
Yes, but I suspect it will change again once Mark figures out the details for the overall pricing plan next year.

Search button at the top of Messages list

Duane wrote:

Yes, but I suspect it will change again once Mark figures out the details for the overall pricing plan next year.
----
I can imagine there must be lots of them, and now they find out it wasn´t necessary. Will they get their money back?

Victoria

Duane

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 06:37 AM, Victoria wrote:
Will they get their money back?
That would be entirely up to Mark.  All I can suggest is contacting support, but expect a long delay on any reply.

Search button at the top of Messages list