Topics

Invitation Emails #addmembers

Cyndi Law

Please Help!
I sent out one invitation email to three people. Two show sent in the status column, the third has this:

Deferred - 550 5.1.0 <66.175.222.12> This IP has sent too many messages this hour. IB504 <http://x.co/rlbounce>

What does this mean? Am I limited to only two email addresses per invitation per hour? (That would be a drag on my time!)

How do I not get it again?

Cyndi,

Deferred - 550 5.1.0 <66.175.222.12> This IP has sent too many messages this hour. IB504 <http://x.co/rlbounce>

What does this mean?

From the link in the message: "This IP address has reached the maximum allowed messages for that hour. Please try again later."

It means that invitee's email service has decided that Groups.io has sent it too many messages. The IP address in the message, 66.175.222.12, is Groups.io's outbound email server.

Am I limited to only two email addresses per invitation per hour? (That would be a drag on my time!)

No. This message is what the invitee's email service said when Groups.io attempted to deliver your invitation. It is a flaw at their service that they are not recognizing Groups.io as a mailing list service and allowing it to send more messages.

How do I not get it again?

Luck of the draw.

Or, convince that invitee to use an email service that is less hostile to Groups.io. Maybe the invitee can contact their technical support and request that they "whitelist" Groups.io. If not, chances are that invitee will have ongoing trouble receiving messages from your group using that service.