Topics

Calendar #calendar #integration #bug

Leadership Team,

My all day calendar entries are showing up on other platforms as 10am the day before, carrying over into 10am the correct day.

Mark has reported a number of bugfixes relating to the export of all day events. The interpretation of time zone information in the ICS format used may be inconsistent. This one in particular sounds similar to your issue:

  • BUGFIX: The .ics files produced for all day events could, depending on interacting timezones, be off by a day.

In any case, bug reports go to support@groups.io, in GMF we can only offer advice and shared experience.

Leadership Team

My all day calendar entries are showing up on other platforms as 10am the day before, carrying over into 10am the correct day.  Both when displayed into yahoo calendar and iCal on iPhone.  All are set to EST time zone.  The repeating entries that are specific times (i.e., 9am-3pm) are showing correctly in both places.  Only the all-day entries are off.

On the groups.io site they look fine, as full day (repeating) calendar entries.

Andy Wedge

I have lots of recurring events and I have my calendar sync'd to Outlook 2016. I don;t normally use a Google calendar so I've just set one up.

All event dates and times appear just fine on both calendars before and after the clock change (31st March here in the UK).

Andy

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 06:03 PM, <k1bke.cvrc@...> wrote:
I pull the group.io calendar feed into a web page.  Events that carry the correct time in the groups.io calendar become one hour early after the time change.
I assume this only happens with recurring events? We don't have any recurring events in our calendar and they seem to cross-post to Google (and by extension, our web site) just fine. Not that it isn't an annoyance either way, but if this really is a bug in GIO calendaring we need to understand the scope.

Thanks,
The system Help is your friend.  https://groups.io/static/help

Contoocook Valley Radio Club:K1BKE

I just ran into the daylight saving time issue.  I pull the group.io calendar feed into a web page.  Events that carry the correct time in the groups.io calendar become one hour early after the time change.

Lindsay

Richard Špitt <rspitt@...>

Hello,
yes, on the date before March 15 is all OK. But what with this?
Thanks...

Richard

7. 12. 2018 v 19:22, Duane <txpigeon@gmail.com>:

I'm reasonably sure this has to do with Daylight Saving Time. If it won't be a serious inconvenience, try setting up something for March 15, 2019 (just before the time change in the US) to see if that works okay. If so, I think this will verify the difference.

Search button at the top of Messages list

I'm reasonably sure this has to do with Daylight Saving Time.  If it won't be a serious inconvenience, try setting up something for March 15, 2019 (just before the time change in the US) to see if that works okay.  If so, I think this will verify the difference.

Search button at the top of Messages list

Richard Špitt <rspitt@...>

Hello,
i found a little bit problem - in my groups.io group, in calendar i create event (in April 2019), but when if I try to integrate the calendar into another calendar (Apple or Google), the event is displayed the day before. The same problem is in the ICS file itself with one event. - better described in attachements.
Surprisingly, the events this month (December) are all fine.

Thank for answer.
Richard.