Group member not a member

Joan C

I wasn’t sure how to word the subject. I’ve received a message from a member who says she is getting the digest, but can’t log in to the group. She says she has not received the removed due to spam email. I can find her listed as a member in our member directory. She says she is using the same email she used to sign up. She is still receiving group email. When she tries to view photos from our group email link, she says the link

it takes me to only the info page and the opportunity to “sign up for this group’. I am getting the digest just not able to get the photos when I click on the photos link at the bottom of the e-mail. When I go to IO groups it does not show me as a member.

What is the solution to this issue? Thanks for your help
Joan Cantwell

Frances

Hi Joan

What happens if the member clicks on View / Reply Online?
It should bring the person to the Log In screen.

And if you look at Admin, Members, you can see which email address is her account ID. (The email address IS the account ID.) You could confirm that this is the one she is using.

Also, here's more info about logging in. Some important info about using the Email Me a Link.
Only lasts 30 days (or less if she deletes cookies.)
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/How-to-Set-a-Personal-Password-and-Profile%3B-Changing-Email-Address

Frances

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki

https://groups.io/static/help
More help: use the search button at the top of the Messages list.

Frances

Hi

I changed my subscription to my test group to Plain Digest and I sent enough messages to generate a digest being sent, including two messages with a photo attached.

When I clicked on View Message or the jpeg in the footer for a message, it took me to the log in screen.

You said:  She is still receiving group email. When she tries to view photos from our group email link, she says the link "it takes me to only the info page and the opportunity to “sign up for this group"
She needs to ignore "sign up for this group. Use the sign in form.

Frances