Topics

facebook page integration not working #integration

AL Guevara <al@...>

Please see error Im getting.

Al,

Please see error Im getting.
The page must be public -- one must be able to view it without logging in to Facebook. Yours cannot.

AL Guevara <al@...>

Hi Shai, thanks for the response.

Been looking in PAGE settings for private/public anything, and I cant find a thing that refewrs to a PAGE being  pub or pri ?

AL,

Been looking in PAGE settings for private/public anything, and I cant
find a thing that refewrs to a PAGE being pub or pri ?
Hopefully someone else here will know. I only barely navigate Facebook.

Your page is visible to me logged in, but not when logged out. That's a requirement for the integration because Groups.io isn't logged in to Facebook.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/16174

AL Guevara <al@...>

My Fb deal is  PAGE, not a Group, G.io specifacally says this Int. is for a PAGE, not a group.

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 11:18 AM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
AL,

 > Been looking in PAGE settings for private/public anything, and I cant
 > find a thing that refewrs to a PAGE being  pub or pri ?

Hopefully someone else here will know. I only barely navigate Facebook.

Your page is visible to me logged in, but not when logged out. That's a
requirement for the integration because Groups.io isn't logged in to
Facebook.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/16174

Instructions for changing Facebook page visibility can be found at https://www.facebook.com/help/255700674532721/?ref=u2u

Hope this helps,
The system Help is your friend.  https://groups.io/static/help

AL Guevara <al@...>

Sorry Bruce but that's for "Profile" privacy, not "PAGE" or "GROUP" Privacy

AL Guevara <al@...>

I searched for an hour on how to make a page VISIBLE  when not logged in. Cant find anything Shai.

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 04:05 PM, AL Guevara wrote:
Sorry Bruce but that's for "Profile" privacy, not "PAGE" or "GROUP" Privacy
Al -- Perhaps you will find this writeup to be more straightforward. Please read the whole thing.

https://boostlikes.com/blog/2017/04/fix-page-visible-public

Good luck,
The system Help is your friend.  https://groups.io/static/help

AL Guevara <al@...>

Wow,thanks so much Bruce. Amazing how terrible FB HELP wiki is. searched for a TON of terms, none lead anything  remotely close to this. Thanks again

AL Guevara <al@...>

If one digs, one can find this sentence:

Keep in mind that you may not be able to share posts to external sites if your page has country or age restrictions.

But why isnt it a MAIN PRIVACY topic on FB?

Thanks again Bruce.