Topics

#Direct add #direct

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Good evening folks, so as don't know, me and another gentleman are moving a couple groups from mailman two groups.I0. In the process, of doing direct ad, he submitted our whole list to get moved over. And so he thought that the direct added feature Woodcock would completely ad everyone, well, this is not the case. Only maybe one third of our membership got transferred over. And we have approximately 500 members. And I'm sure once we're over here, our membership won't row. So I'm wondering, is there a limit on how many addresses can be placed into the direct added functionality?

 

Joseph,

So I'm wondering, is there a limit on how many addresses can be placed into the direct added functionality?

​I don't believe so. Or rather, if there is a limit it is likely much larger than 500.
​I don't currently have a Premium group, so I'm working from memory. Isn't there a result page, or tab on the Direct Add page, that will tell you what happened with each of the email addresses?

​Or maybe I'm thinking of the Members page, sorted by Joined date.

In any case, it is possible for a Direct Added ​email address to reject the "You've been added" notice and be immediately listed as a Bouncing address. I'm not aware of any reason why an address wouldn't be added at all, unless it were not syntactically correct.

Shal


--
Help: https://groups.io/static/help
More Help: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Even More Help: Search button at the top of Messages list

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Well since I don't have access to the group yet, because my email address has not been added, due to this simple issue, I can't look at the results page. And he has already signed off of the computer for the evening. I asked him for his login credentials, so that I can approve myself if I did get added in the middle of the night, but he did not respond with that information

On Jul 23, 2018, at 7:03 PM, Shal Farley <@Shal> wrote:

Joseph,

So I'm wondering, is there a limit on how many addresses can be placed into the direct added functionality?

​I don't believe so. Or rather, if there is a limit it is likely much larger than 500.

​I don't currently have a Premium group, so I'm working from memory. Isn't there a result page, or tab on the Direct Add page, that will tell you what happened with each of the email addresses?

​Or maybe I'm thinking of the Members page, sorted by Joined date.

In any case, it is possible for a Direct Added ​email address to reject the "You've been added" notice and be immediately listed as a Bouncing address. I'm not aware of any reason why an address wouldn't be added at all, unless it were not syntactically correct.

Shal


--
Help: https://groups.io/static/help
More Help: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Even More Help: Search button at the top of Messages list

Leeni
 

My largest group that I transferred has 698 members and all transferred.
Ilene 
 
 
 
 

-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 7/23/2018 7:05:13 PM
To: GMF
Subject: Re: [GMF] #Direct add
 
Joseph,

So I'm wondering, is there a limit on how many addresses can be placed into the direct added functionality?

​I don't believe so. Or rather, if there is a limit it is likely much larger than 500.
​I don't currently have a Premium group, so I'm working from memory. Isn't there a result page, or tab on the Direct Add page, that will tell you what happened with each of the email addresses?

​Or maybe I'm thinking of the Members page, sorted by Joined date.

In any case, it is possible for a Direct Added ​email address to reject the "You've been added" notice and be immediately listed as a Bouncing address. I'm not aware of any reason why an address wouldn't be added at all, unless it were not syntactically correct.

Shal


--
Help: https://groups.io/static/help
More Help: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Even More Help: Search button at the top of Messages list
 

Bruce Bowman
 

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 07:47 PM, Joseph Hudson wrote:
Good evening folks, so as don't know, me and another gentleman are moving a couple groups from mailman two groups.I0. In the process, of doing direct ad, he submitted our whole list to get moved over. And so he thought that the direct added feature Woodcock would completely ad everyone, well, this is not the case. Only maybe one third of our membership got transferred over.
I believe there may be a limit to how many you can add at one time without support's intervention. And support happens to be on vacation at the moment, with all that entails. See this thread on the topic.

Regards,
Bruce
--
The system Help is your friend.  https://groups.io/static/help

Anita Goldstein
 

I have paid the $10 and in researching the function I see this line:
"You can append digestsummary, or nomail, to the end of a line to specify either digest delivery, a daily summary or that no email be sent."

It's not clear to me how or where I enter this information.
thanks
Anita

Bruce Bowman
 

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Anita Goldstein wrote:
I have paid the $10 and in researching the function I see this line:
"You can append digestsummary, or nomail, to the end of a line to specify either digest delivery, a daily summary or that no email be sent."

It's not clear to me how or where I enter this information.
There is a box to enter the email addresses, one per line. You do just what it says...put one of those keywords after each entry.

e.g.:

{start box} --------------------------------
thisname(at)domain1.org digest
Display Name <thatname(at)domain2.com> nomail
theothername(at)domain3.net summary
{end box} --------------------------------

If you just enter the email addresses and let the Default Sub Setting (see Admin>Settings and click the corresponding button at the top) determine their email delivery, I frankly think that's best. If a given subscriber subsequently decides that (s)he doesn't like the group default and wants to change to something else, there's nothing keeping them from doing that.

Regards,
Bruce
--
The system Help is your friend.  https://groups.io/static/help