Date: 7/23/2018 14:11:58
Subject: [GMF] Option not to receive own emails?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but is there a way for members not to receive emails that they send themselves? For gmail users with filters set up, this is resulting in them seeing their own emails twice.

Thanks in advance for any help,

John

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:11 AM, John Davis wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but is there a way for members not to receive emails that they send themselves? For gmail users with filters set up, this is resulting in them seeing their own emails twice.

Thanks in advance for any help,

John
There is a setting for this.

Accounts / Preferences / My Posts: Uncheck the checkbox

--
Gerald

John Davis

I believe it happens when they have a filter set to move emails from the group into a folder/label, which catches both the 'sent' version from gmail, and the incoming email via groups.io.

John

On 23 July 2018 at 14:26, Bärbel Stephenson <Lismibaebi@...> wrote:
I am a gmail user and download emails to an email programme.
I love the fact that groups.io send my own emails to a group to me as normal group mail.  It may or may not happen with yahoo and with so many messages there delayed or getting lost, it was always a guessing game if my messages made it to the groups or not.
Why would your members get their own messages twice?

Barbara

[excess quote trimmed by moderator]

Bärbel Stephenson

May be it would help if the Filter text was changed with the group name in the subject line?  This should mean that only the incoming mail is going into the particular folder?  And while answering a post of course take the group name out of the subject line before sending.

Barbara