Messages from group hitting mailbox after hours #issue

Marina

Messages from my test group reach my mailbox after many hours.
I sent a message via mail yesterday, it was shown in the group after a few minutes, but I received it in my mailbox only a few minutes ago.

My Preferences for that group are set to 'all mails' and my general Groups.io Account is set to receive a copy of each message I send.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Marina

Duane

You could look at the complete header for the email and may be able to figure out where the delay was.  It will have Date: for when it was sent, then each relay along the way should have added a Received: line with the date and time.  Messages from Groups.io are usually sent immediately, so I suspect one of the intermediate steps was delayed for some reason.

Duane

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 05:27 am, Marina wrote:

Messages from my test group reach my mailbox after many hours.
I sent a message via mail yesterday, it was shown in the group after a few
minutes, but I received it in my mailbox only a few minutes ago.

My Preferences for that group are set to 'all mails' and my general Groups.io
Account is set to receive a copy of each message I send.
I run my own mail server. It receives messages from groups.io without delays. Your email address' domain is biblit.it . Mail to it is handled by aruba.it webhosting. Ask them why they delay your mail. Most probably it's misguided greylisting. My mailserver greylists only suspicious senders (groups.io isn't among them) and for only 3 minutes, so one retry (usually after 15-40 min) is enough.

But at first go to your control panel and look whether you can whitelist groups.io. The hostname is web01.groups.io , the IP-address is 66.175.222.12 .

Do you pay for this?
https://hosting.aruba.it/en/email/antivirus-antispam.aspx
It may be the culprit of the delays.

Marina

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 07:47 am, Lena wrote:

But at first go to your control panel and look whether you can whitelist
groups.io. The hostname is web01.groups.io , the IP-address is 66.175.222.12 .

Do you pay for this?
https://hosting.aruba.it/en/email/antivirus-antispam.aspx
It may be the culprit of the delays.
I followed your instructions and added the domain groups.io to my whitelist on Aruba (my hosting provider).

However, I receive all messages sent to my @biblit.it address through Gmail. Maybe that's another cause of delay.

Thank you for your help!
Marina