Date   

Re: Member gets flagged for attachment

Bruce Bowman
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 07:31 PM, Sandra Pickens-Gmail wrote:
I have a member (Ann Sxxx) that anytime she post or replies to a post she gets blocked and flagged for having an attachment (which we do not allow)...
I agree with Duane that it's probably due to the little PNG graphic that Windows 10 Mail inserts as a reply separator. Why it cannot use a horizontal rule <HR> for the same purpose is anyone's guess.

If you don't want her messages to bounce, set the group to moderate (not bounce) messages with attachments. Then you can remove the reply separator during moderation.

Regards,
Bruce

Check out the groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual


Re: An area for documents without comments?

Pat Pratt
 

Agree with Chris. You have to work one at a time, but when you get into a routine, it speeds up. I got so I could delete about 10 photos in a minute once I knew I wanted to get rid of them. (Was having a geeky moment and wanted to see how fast I could do it.)
When you are deleting for the email photos attachments, then you have to make sure you remove the copies and not the original. Later can remove the originals that are unwanted. When members include the attachment copies in their replies, it really uses up group digital space.
--
Pat P


Re: Bouncing reason #bouncedemails #bouncingemails

Bruce Bowman
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:22 AM, Alexis wrote:
My question is, is there anyway to find out the actual reason the message bounced?
Alexis -- Go to https://groups.io/account?page=bounces and let us know what it says.

in the list of the messages bounced, under reason all it tell me is

<!--

I have checked the html in case there was any further information that may have been hidden, in case the browser thought the above was the start of a comment, but nothing
That's definitely an html comment, so we could be looking at a bug here; but try refreshing that page with ctrl-F5 first.

Regards,
Bruce

Check out the groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual


Re: An area for documents without comments?

Chris Jones
 

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 07:56 PM, Lorraine Swerdloff wrote:
Next task is to clean up Photos! It has 72 accumulated logos and odd images.
When you say "Photos" do you mean emailed photos, i.e. attachments?

Any trick to mass delete?

Sadly there isn't.

Chris


Re: A Group Member Who Isn't

Bruce W Fairhall <bruce@...>
 

Thanks, Duane

It was shown as sent on 12 February.

I deleted it, reloaded the name and email then sent it again. We wait and see ...


Bruce

On 24/02/2021 3:10 pm, Duane wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:03 PM, Bruce W Fairhall wrote:
One person did not get around to accepting the Invitation
Is the original invitation still on the Invite page?  If so, it's still valid.  That may be why you can't send one.  You could delete it and try to send another.  See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/inviting-people-to-join-a-group/tracking-resending-or-canceling-invitations

Duane
--
Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.



Re: A Group Member Who Isn't

Duane
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:03 PM, Bruce W Fairhall wrote:
One person did not get around to accepting the Invitation
Is the original invitation still on the Invite page?  If so, it's still valid.  That may be why you can't send one.  You could delete it and try to send another.  See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/inviting-people-to-join-a-group/tracking-resending-or-canceling-invitations

Duane
--
Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.


A Group Member Who Isn't

Bruce W Fairhall <bruce@...>
 

When creating our group, I set up an Invitation to various people who were members of two original (Yahoo) groups plus others.
So these people simply had to Accept the Invitation to be members of the new group.

One person did not get around to accepting the Invitation, and after discussing it with him I set up another Invitation, but the system advised he was already a member. Not so.

So I got him to send the Subscribe email, then I could accept his membership, to see if that would work.
Now after over two days I have not received his request to approve.

I just rechecked the Member List, sorting by name (no, he's not there) then by Email address (Not there either).

Question: How can I get this person to be a member of our List? He could of course be sneaky and join with a gmail address or other, but that's not the point: groups.io thinks he is a member and he isn't.
How can I fix this, please?
--


Bruce Fairhall


Re: Member gets flagged for attachment

Duane
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 06:31 PM, Sandra Pickens-Gmail wrote:
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
That's the key.  Mail for Windows 10 inserts a little graphic by default, a line.  On moderated messages, such as on GMF, there's a box to Delete such, but there doesn't appear to be anything in it.  It also doesn't show up in the Emailed Photos album, even if you allow attachments, because the site ignores images below a certain size.  I don't know if there's a way to turn it off, but deleting the signature may do so.  I consider it free (and annoying) advertising, along with the anti virus blurbs, Sent from..., and others, so don't allow them on my groups.

Duane
--
Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.


Member gets flagged for attachment

Sandra Pickens-Gmail
 

I have a member (Ann Sxxx) that anytime she post or replies to a post she gets blocked and flagged for having an attachment (which we do not allow) problem is she does not have an attachment. I thought maybe she had a signature file with an image but I don’t think so. Below is the message that was blocked today when she replied to a message:

 

 

Re: [FriedbergFriends] Prayer Request


<asxxx7@...>
 

4:22pm

Praying for Pyyy and family.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Szzz Pzzzz
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:14 PM
To: Friedberg Friends
Subject: [FriedbergFriends] Prayer Request

 

Please pray for Patti Cwwww. Patti is currently a patient at Novant Forsyth Medical Center being treated for Covid-19. She is showing improvement with the current treatment. Please pray for complete recovery for Patti and pray for John and her entire family.

 

Sherri Pzzzz

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

 

 


Re: Updating a file in Files-Search mode doesn't seem to work

Duane
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 05:18 PM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
returns a blank datafields dialog box, is this by design?
I think it may be an oversight.  Seems to me like it should show the same dialog either way.  I'd probably report it as a #bug

Duane
--
The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.  They're updated as needed.
GMF's Unofficial Help Wiki: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki


Updating a file in Files-Search mode doesn't seem to work

 

Hi folks,

See attached, when I click on "Update" a file using the normal Files pages, no problem.  But if I do a Files search and attempt to Update that same file from the search page it returns a blank datafields dialog box, is this by design?

(I did not attempt to see what would happen if I entered something in the blank dialog)

Cheers,
Christos


Re: PDFs and WIKI

 

Jacqui,

> Is it possible to upload PDFs to our wiki page?

No, not "directly" anyway.  The Files folder would be the best place for the PDFs, but you can insert the link to that Files PDF in the wiki page for that meeting.  The wiki page could be like a summary, with the link to the PDF for more details.  Or copy and paste the PDF in the wiki page and don't bother uploading the PDF itself, whichever works better, I guess depending on whether the PDF is just text or contains images too.

Cheers,
Christos


PDFs and WIKI

Jacqui King
 

Hi, Is it possible to upload PDFs to our wiki page?

We want to add presentation notes from our training events. Would it be better to add them to the files page instead?

Thanks
Jacqui


Re: Bouncing reason #bouncedemails #bouncingemails

Alexis
 

Thanks for the response Andy, unfortunately the

Most Recent Unsuccessful Attempt part says:
No Email Deliveries

and the Recent Bounces section only says:
<!--

which does tell me diddly squat :)

On 23/02/2021 09:42, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 04:22 PM, Alexis wrote:


In the last few days one of my email addresses keeps bouncing, even though
I keep 'unbouncing it'

in the list of the messages bounced, under reason all it tell me is

<!--

I have checked the html in case there was any further information that may
have been hidden, in case the browser thought the above was the start of a
comment, but nothing

My question is, is there anyway to find out the actual reason the message
bounced?
If Groups.io is placing your account in a Bouncing status it's because it had a problem sending a message to your account (email address).. For the group in question, go to Admin > Members and open your membership record for that group. Look on the Email Delivery History page and see what it says in the Most Recent Unsuccessful Attempt and Recent Bounces panels.  The information there may give you a clue. Remember though, the information here is what Groups.io receives from a mail provider when it tries to deliver a message.
Andy


Re: Bouncing reason #bouncedemails #bouncingemails

Andy Wedge
 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 04:22 PM, Alexis wrote:
In the last few days one of my email addresses keeps bouncing, even though I keep 'unbouncing it'

in the list of the messages bounced, under reason all it tell me is

<!--

I have checked the html in case there was any further information that may have been hidden, in case the browser thought the above was the start of a comment, but nothing

My question is, is there anyway to find out the actual reason the message bounced?
If Groups.io is placing your account in a Bouncing status it's because it had a problem sending a message to your account (email address).. For the group in question, go to Admin > Members and open your membership record for that group. Look on the Email Delivery History page and see what it says in the Most Recent Unsuccessful Attempt and Recent Bounces panels.  The information there may give you a clue. Remember though, the information here is what Groups.io receives from a mail provider when it tries to deliver a message.

Andy


Alexis
 

In the last few days one of my email addresses keeps bouncing, even though I keep 'unbouncing it'

in the list of the messages bounced, under reason all it tell me is

<!--

I have checked the html in case there was any further information that may have been hidden, in case the browser thought the above was the start of a comment, but nothing

My question is, is there anyway to find out the actual reason the message bounced?

A couple of other points to consider:

i) The email address that is bouncing is one I use to send all emails from a sub-group to a script on my own server, to be processed, so I never get to see the 'bounce' message that groups.io sends out
ii) It does generally seem to be bouncing on messages from the same sender, although by no means is it from only ONE sender.
iii) There are only about 20 messages per day sent out from this sub group and generally it is bouncing only one per day

Everything has been fine since I joined groups.io about two years ago, but only started on the 10th Feb 2021

Any help would be most appreciated
Cheers
Alexis


Re: An area for documents without comments?

Pat Pratt
 

Lorraine, I had to clean up photos from a 14 year old collectors study and social group that was migrated over from Yahoo. The photo storage space used was close to 3 GB. First I went through and organized the albums by categories, and assigned a letter to different categories. Then I found it worked best for me to start from the back and work my way forward, by categories of content. It took me about three months working several hours a day and I got it down to .67 GB. When done, we were able to transfer to a free group and have some space for current members to set up albums and insert photos. As I worked through this, I set up holding albums of photos that would be deleted, and reminded members to go through the holding albums and download photos that were important to them but no longer of relevance to the group in 2020. I also moved photos from one album to another to strengthen categories and got rid of a ton of duplicates and triplicates etc. I worked on a laptop. I think this would be miserable to try to do on a phone of tablet. Also, I gave everyone two months time to go in and debride their personal albums down to 30 photos. If they didn't do that, I made the cuts for them. With plenty of warning and explanation of course. 
Best wishes! You will be very happy when you are done!!!!!

--
Pat P


Re: Banners on a Sub-Group #customize

Frances
 

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 05:54 PM, Frances wrote:
However all groups have [GMF] or [TEST FRANCES] ii.e. the name of the group in the email header.
I forgot to mention that you set the subject tag - in Admin, Settings.

Frances
 
--
Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

 


Re: Banners on a Sub-Group #customize

Frances
 

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 05:20 PM, Avraham Groll wrote:
We have a number of sub-groups. For those members who receive daily summary or digest emails, we would like to create separate banners for them (which appear on top and bottom of the emails that are sent out). Can someone please point me in the direction of how I could set this up?
I don't think there is any way, unless perhaps with an Enterprise group.

However all groups have [GMF] or [TEST FRANCES] ii.e. the name of the group in the email header.
And you can put a footer - you can use format bar. Go to Admin, Settings, scroll down and open Message Formatting.

Of course, online, you can create different photo banners for each as well as icons which you will see in Feed.

Frances

 
--
Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

 


Banners on a Sub-Group #customize

Avraham Groll
 

Hi,
We have a number of sub-groups. For those members who receive daily summary or digest emails, we would like to create separate banners for them (which appear on top and bottom of the emails that are sent out). Can someone please point me in the direction of how I could set this up?
Thank you,
Avraham

1601 - 1620 of 38694