Re: Desirable member subscription preferences

Glenn Glazer

On 7/6/2018 01:20, Shal Farley wrote:
? Ability to set ‘newest first’ as a default for topic and message
list interfaces.

? Ability to set default sort method for photos and albums.
I actually disagree with both of those. I prefer that the site simply remember my most recent sort choices until I change them.

But those defaults would not be too annoying (to me) if they applied only at each new login. As long as my sort choice doesn't reset to the default simply because I navigated away from the messages list and back again.
Perhaps it would be possible to do both by having a checkbox to activate set default and drop down to select the ordering.  If the box is unchecked, the the drop down is ignored and the current behavior is preserved.

Best,

Glenn