Re: Create a new role

Glenn Glazer

On 7/1/2018 12:23, Shal Farley wrote:
Glenn,

Since "moderators" isn't appropriate, I would like to create a new
role called "Executive Board" or "EBoard", assign members to that role
and then privileges only to that role.
There's no feature to create new roles, but you might be able to get the effect you want by using a subgroup for the Executive Board.

The calendar of the Executive Board subgroup can be set to "Public can view, Subscribers can view and edit". That would allow only members of the Executive Board subgroup to update that calendar.

The "public can view" part might be a concern, as I think that means public, and not just members of the primary group. And you'd probably want to disable the primary group's calendar; and the members of the primary group would need to be taught to look at the subgroup's calendar instead. So not necessarily the most convenient work-around.

But you may find other advantages to having a subgroup for the Executive Board, it would give them the resources of a group (including their own messages) that could be private from the primary group at large.

Sha
Thanks, Shal, that's an useful insight.  I don't think we care if the calendar is public because the state bylaws say that all of our meetings are open to the public.

Best,

Glenn