Re: Create a new role

Glenn Glazer

On 7/1/2018 12:07, Chris Jones via Groups.Io wrote:
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm, Glenn Glazer wrote:
Since "moderators" isn't appropriate, I would like to create a new role called "Executive Board"...
Why is "moderators" inappropriate? Seems like a lot of work (for Mark) just to avoid using the word "moderator".

You could always make them (co)owners...

Chris
_._,_._,_

Moderators is inappropriate because, wait for it, they don't moderate and the even the implication that the speech of our members is moderated is against the culture of the group.  And I can see use cases for other kinds of roles in addition to just {member, moderator, owner} for some groups.  For example, a group might have a separate set of members who manage their databases or their files.  For reference, I see this from a UNIX RBAC perspective, which permits an arbitrary number of roles.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-based_access_control .

That said, the answer to the question I actually asked is apparently no?

Best,

Glenn

[ad trimmed by moderator]