Re: Needing so help please

Glenn Glazer

On 4/29/2018 13:07, Shal Farley wrote:
Joy,

> Is is possible to use different email addresses for different groups??

You can, but each address is the login ID for its own account. Meaning that you can't manage the different groups collectively from a single login session.

That's a feature Groups.io doesn't have. It has been discussed, but I'm not sure where it is in the implementation plans.

> Groups set up in the USA seem to go through without a problem but my
> Yahoogroups.com.au Australian Yahoo is having problems.

That might be just a matter of timing, the "transfer agent" is currently on vacation so there is additional delay in some of the manual steps (such as accepting the invitation to your group).

Shal

I don't know if this quite solves the problem, but I observe that groups.io permits OAuth logins via Facebook and Google.  So presumably, one could be subscribed to different groups with different email addresses and use OAuth as a federated single sign on.  It would depend on the groups.io auth implementation and how it ties the tokens to email addresses.

Best,

Glenn
--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.