Re: Can someone explain to me... unsubscribed for marking a message as spam

Chris Jones

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 01:16 pm, Paul Ohio USA wrote:
Additionally, would the Group Owner still get a notification of the change and what prevents the owner or member from just changing back to Individual and having a repeat of Spam - Delete cycle?
I would hope so (it would be an integral part of any #suggestion) , and "nothing" in that order! Further to the latter point there is nothing in the existing regime to stop a memberĀ  "unspamming" the offending message, clicking "Rejoin" for the whole thing to be repeated again at some future point; I suspect that it is something in the message rather than its origin of Groups.io that offends some spam detectors.

If the existing protocol continues (and the idea of a change is now beginning to look as though it is heading for the "Too Difficult" tray) then the finalisation of the wiki and its dissemination may help mitigate the worst effects. The critical word there is may; publishing guidance and persuading people to read it are very different things.

Unfortunately...